Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nashville

I thought I would share some of my pictures from my Nashville trip, that my Mom and I took last October. My Mom wanted to visit two relatives in Munfordville, KY, that we think are related to us. Let me back up about 14 years ago. I was into my family history and came across Becky and Amy Rowlett, my Mom's side of the family. I started to send them letters and with all of our documents we are still not sure how we are related, but know and hope that we are. My Mom and her friend Alice were in Munfordville about 10 years ago and meet both Amy and Becky and just loved them. My Mom had been wanting to go back and visit them again and said to me, "I will pay for your way, if you want to go with me". That is all she had to say and off to Nashville we went. We flew into Nashville and headed up to Munfordville the next day. Becky and Amy were the nicest ladies, it felt like we had known them for years. Becky is 93 and I'm not sure how old Amy is, but they both still like to go places, even though they don't get around as well as the use to. They showed barns that were drying tobacco. Never saw that before, pretty cool. We went to Lincoln birthplace and Mammoth Caves. But I have to say my favorite thing to see while were were there, were the Amish people. We drove by areas that a lot of them live in and it was so cool. I know that sounds stupid, but it is so neat to see people that live such a different way then we do. I thought they wouldn't be very friendly, but I was wrong. As we drove slowly by their horse and buggy, they would smile and wave. I wish I could have taken pictures, but there religion forbids it.

My Mom, Becky and Amy

Stalactites in Mammoth Caves

2 comments:

Trudy said...

Becky and Amy resemble your Mom a bit. They look very sweet. How nice for them to have two great visitors/relatives come visit.

Lisa said...

I agree, they both look like your mom. I definetly think there is a link there somewhere! I sure wish we would have been invited. I would have loved to meet them and also see Traces' house! Are the pictures of you stealing his newspaper coming next?