Monday, April 21, 2008

Paso Robles Wine Tasting


I went wine tasting with my DH and friend Kathy to Paso Robles this weekend. Our main mission was to pick up wine from Turley Winery, but of course, we had to make a few more stops on the way. We picked up some sandwiches headed out to 'The Far Out Wineries'. Well, they aren't kidding when they say that. The drive is beautiful, wild flowers all over and shade trees lining both sides of the road, just making you wish you had a convertible. Our first stops were at Norman and Whalebone Wineries, not bad wines, but nothing that I had to have. Whalebone had the cutest dogs and pretty much the only pictures I took that day. But you can see why.

Tish



Lucy

Then we went to Nadeau and had lunch and Wow, what great wines there. Had to get a bottle of their Critical Mass 2005 Zinfandel and Westside 2005 Zinfandel. I thought I had found the jack pot, until we went to Pipestone. When we tried their 2004 Zinfandel, we couldn't believe it, fantastic. My friend Kathy doesn't even like red wine and she had to have a bottle. It seems like whenever we find a great wine 2004 is the year. Yes, you two I will share.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They both are so cute but Tish looks as if she could talk to you. What an expressive face.

I am craving a good Zin! You gotta love the 2004s.